The RaspiRobot Board v3 is an expansion board designed to turn your Raspberry Pi into a motor controller! This board comes fully assembled and includes a switched-mode power supply so you can supply your Raspberry Pi from a variety of battery packs.
The v3 fits right on top of your Pi's GPIO socket and allows for bi-directional control of both motors with an L293D H-Bridge motor driver chip. It also allows for control of both motor's speed independently and to use lower voltage motors than the voltage of your battery pack. The board can also supply the Raspberry Pi with up to 2 amps of power using a switch mode power supply, allowing you to run a fully-loaded Pi and the robot from 6xAA batteries (not included!)
Good for use with any two 5-12V DC Motors or Steppers!
- Dual bi-directional motor control using TB6612FNG dual H-bridge
- Dual open drain 2A MOSFET outputs
- Socket for HC-SRo4 Rangfinder
- Socket for 5V i2c Interface
- Provides 5V regulated power to Raspberry Pi (efficient SMPS)
- 2 x user controllable LEDs
- 2 x header pins for switches
- Reverse polarity protection
- Open Source Python Software library
- Screw terminals for motor connections
- Raspberry Pi Model B+
- Raspberry Pi Model A+
- Raspberry Pi 2
For source code and support, check out the RasPi Robot Board v3 github page!
Note: As Tuesday, January 12th 2016, we are now selling the RaspiRobot v3! Here are the main changes from the v2:
- More efficient TB6612FNG motor driver
- Higher power (2A) open collector outputs
- Power to motors now supplied from battery side instead of regulated side
- Updated library allow you to specify battery voltage (9V to 12V) and motor voltage (1V up to the battery supply voltage)